Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Those who can, do. Those who don't, blog?!?

Sew, don't think it has escaped my wandering attention that I haven't posted since July. I hope my three faithful readers do not think that I have not been sewing since July. Ho no my little pumpkin muffins, I have occasionally and sporadically been productive, in my own way. It's just that when I have the time and motivation to sew, I don't have the time or motivation to do other things, like blog about sewing. You see my quandary, yes? I suppose I can provide an update on my previously mentioned projects.

Life Goes On (oh bla di)
Finished my living room quilt and absolutely love it. It is HUGE and warm and looks great hanging on the beautiful quilt rack my DH made for me in the wood shop. Slightly irritated that one of the beige fabrics greyed out in the wash, but I suppose that is one of the hazards of not pre washing your fabrics. It's really too bad that I hate ironing fabric so much, but I am in the process of getting over it (just the greyed fabric. I do not plan to ever get over my hatred of ironing).


Pumpkin Madness
Thusly called because it involved pumpkins in the pattern and madness on my part. I have had a cute pattern for a fall table runner for at least 5 years now, along with some fabulous swirly pumpkin perfect fabric. I decided that 2010 was the Year of the Pumpkin Table Runner. Decided that several days before Thanksgiving, I did. Whatever, table runners are small, right? So what if my in laws were due for a visit and that meant I had to get my sewing stuff put away? I managed to get the thing quilted the day the in laws showed up. That left me a few days to hand sew the binding down. Which of course I left to Thanksgiving day. Thankfully my DH does most of the turkey day cooking, so I was free to finish the table decor.





I think that is all that I managed to complete in 2010. Add in the two baby quilts I made and delivered and that brings the grand total of completed projects to 4. Looks unimpressive written down, but sheesh people, I do other stuff too, like blog! Oh wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment