Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011: The Year in Preview

Sew I am looking forward to a fun project filled year. A least that is how it is starting out. I have loads of ambition and hope Reality does not take too hard of a swipe at me, especially once the weather warms up and I get to use my new paddle board... But the weather has been perfect lately for my favorite indoor hobby. I am pleased to report that I have even finished my first project for the new year! I was the lucky recipient of an iPad this Christmas and wanted a fun cover for it. I found a nice looking one on line made of grey felted wool. It was a little pricey, but made of nice wool and looked very chic. But I wanted another color and the option to add a monogram or something personalized. They did not offer that and when I looked closer at the cover, I though to myself, "Self, I think we can make one of those!" So Me, Myself, and Quilt Moxie (brought along or technical, moral and coupon support) toddled on to the fabric store. Do you know how expensive 100% wool is (btw thanks Quilt Moxie!)? Sheesh. But totally worth it to personalize it. I had a vague idea of what I wanted it to look like, took a few loosey goosey measurements and off I went. I think it came out pretty well. I freehanded my initials on the front, hand sewed a flower on the back and used one of my fancy stitches to decorate the border.




What else... What else?
Lots of fun planned for 2011. I have my farmers market bag pieced and need some fusible interfacing. I accidentally bought sew in interfacing since I had the Wee One with me at the fabric store. So that project is on temporary hold, but I am pleased with the progress. Also finished piecing the top for Dark and Stormy. Am saving the quilting for a meet up in early February. The binding will be shoulder aching, but the recipient is worth it. I have a few baby quilts planned and am so excited that one is for my baby sister! I haven't picked a pattern yet, but am going to try to get it one by the time the baby is born. That's May. We'll see. So far, that's all I have planned. I received a lovely jelly roll of Fandango, but so far am jealously guarding that one for me. No plans yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment