Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Projects

I do have two current projects. I was only supposed to have one, but on the day of the Great Sewing Meet Up, I did not have batting or backing to baste Beautiful Boy. What I did have was some darling fabric for the Baby Honey Project or BHP (real name: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds) and what can I say... it let itself be cut.

Beautiful Boy
It looks a little wonky because it is hanging off of my ironing board. All other flat surfaces in my sewing room were taken up by the BHP. I've been working on this one since September and can only blame laziness at this point. My favorite part about this quilt so far is that there is some fabric in here that I first used in a quilt 6 years ago. Also used the same fabric in my son's wall hanging. I love carrying a fabric through different quilts for children that are special to me. Anyway, I will enjoy quilting it, once I get that far. Need to convince myself to baste it first. Poor child it is intended for will be 6 months old on March 1. Maybe he can get a quilt for his half birthday.

The Baby Honey Project (BHP) or Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Sew, Beautiful Boy got pushed aside to make room for the BHP. I ordered a pattern intending to make it for someone else (and she will still get one... some day). The photo on the website had a somewhat drab (but still pretty) example of the quilt. When I received the pattern, it had the most darling version of the quilt on the cover in pinks, oranges and greens. I immediately thought of my cousin's new little girl (the first girl great grandbaby in the family after 6 boys!). Lucy (AKA Baby Honey) surely needed a quilt, yes? Small moral dilemma as I have not made quilts for any other cousins, including my own nephews and Lucy's big brother (horrid, I know) but desire to finally make a girl quilt won out. The straw that broke this camel's back was the darling fabric OCQ showed me. I mean, look at it. Doesn't it make you happy just to look at it? I can't wait to lay out the blocks, but am trying to make myself get going on BB instead.



2 comments:

  1. Even though I've been playing with that same fabric and love the whirlygiggles I picked. . . now I want to do that quilt too! How many times will I be punched if I copy you? And I mean, copy you EXACTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never be able to copy me exactly because your OCQ style will not allow for such randomness. And no, I will not randomize them for you!

    ReplyDelete