Thursday, February 25, 2010

New project looming

Sew, I have been sewing, just not posting. Lazy girl. Before I move on to my newest project, an update on the old ones.

Beautiful Boy

After putting my seam ripper to good and frequent use while working out thread tensions on the machine quilting, the quilting is complete and binding sewn. Need to trim the quilt down and sewn the binding on. Mostly happy with the way it came out. It looks fun from the backside because I used variegated thread and the backing is solid navy blue flannel. Will post a finished photo once washed.

The BHP

Stalled out on this one a bit in an effort to finish BB. Went to sew the blocks together the other night, but my camera batteries were dead, so I couldn't check the layout I had planned. (I know.. I am so high tech). Didn't occur to me to pull the blog up and look at that picture. Must not have truly wanted to sew that night. More photos of that when I have something to actually show.

The New and as of yet Unnamed Project
I have an old throw in my living room that my mom gave to me at least 10 years ago, if not longer. It is a woven cotton throw with yellow sunflowers on a blue background. My living room is Tuscan yellow and burnt sienna. Um, yeah. So you see why I need a new throw, yes? I plan to do a Bento Box pattern out of these yummy fabrics. Despite the Bento Box and the bling on the fabric, I don't want to have it look overly Asian, so am already thinking of how to quilt it. Am thinking flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment