Monday, December 17, 2012

We were on a break!

No, not me and Ross from Friends. Me and quilting. But we're totaling getting the band back together. Getting back on that horse, cause its like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget. Which actually is not totally true, btw. Am currently relearning how to ride a bike. A grown up bike, one with gears (ooooooooooooooo). Alright, enough with the wit already. Back to sewing.

Where was I? Hard to say since I haven't really sewn much since, um...., March. Anywhoo, no I haven't finished Clare de Lune, though it is ready for basting and I have two stencils to pick from for quilting. It's kind of a funky shape (more square than rectangular, what is up with that lately?), but I am going to let it go.

My mama came to visit and we took the opportunity to egg each other on at the quilt store. I finally bought the fabric to make a Christmas tree skirt that I've wanted for a while. In a rare fit of productivity, I managed to get the fabric cut and the basic shape completed. I just have the quilting to go. Don't place any bets, but that sucker might just be under the tree this year.



I finally managed to start basting down the shapes for my raw edge appliqué project at a guild sew in. It is going to take FOREVER. There's 17 rows. The 6 below took me 3 hours to glue down.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment